From thrilling attractions to iconic entertainment, Disney Parks are a dynamic real-world laboratory unlike any other. Disney Imagineers engage with students as they teach the physics principles used to create new and classic Disney theme park attractions.
Disney Imagineers are living proof that creativity and science are integral partners. In this interactive course, students’ curiosity is sparked by stepping into the shoes of Disney Imagineers as they explore how physics is applied to every element of the theme park experience. Here, students work in teams to investigate the role that properties such as Newton’s Laws of Motion, potential & kinetic energy, gravity, and more, play in the design and operation of popular theme park attractions.
Key Learning Opportunities
After completing this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Participate in various hands-on opportunities to apply the scientific method
- Collaborate with peers in creative problem-solving scenarios
- Take part in brainstorming sessions involving various design process
- Hypothesize and experiment to analyze how some theme park attractions work
- Brainstorm and design concepts for a Guest experience
- Define speed, velocity, acceleration, inertia, force and friction
- Compare and contrast attraction experiences and the physics principles governing their operation
- Available for Middle School, High School and College students
- Content can be adapted for students in 3rd – 5th grades
- Minimum of 15 students required per organized group to participate in this experience
- For Walt Disney World Resort pricing information, click here