Storytelling is at the very heart of everything we do at Disney. Wherever you are in our theme parks and resorts, you are immersed in our stories. And technology has played a major role in how we are able tell those stories.
Central to each attraction and themed land within Disney Parks is a story, and through innovative technology, we are able to tell those stories in new and exciting ways. In this engaging, interactive course, students will work in groups while getting an inside look at how our Disney Imagineers dream, design, and use technology to enhance the Guest experience by immersing them in our stories. From audio-animatronics to light and sound effects, students will learn why technology is the most valuable and most challenging tool to integrate into daily theme park operations.
Key Learning Opportunities
After completing this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Describe Walt Disney’s contributions to progress and utilization of technology in theme park experiences
- Define the difference between hydraulics and pneumatics, and explain the benefits of each
- Understand how sound and light can impact the emotions in a given experience
- Gain knowledge of the history and progression of theme park technologies
- Experience the versatility of specific technology being used in very different ways
- Articulate how acoustical engineering applies to the design of our spaces
- Available for Middle School, High School and College students
- Content can be adapted for students in 3rd – 5th grades
- Minimum of 15 students required per organized group to participate in this experience
- For Walt Disney World Resort pricing information, click here
- For Disneyland Resort pricing information, click here