Spruce up your performance skills, gain a competitive edge, and seize the opportunity to explore the Walt Disney World® Resort theme parks. Festival Disney is open to middle and high school concert choirs.
Achieve performance excellence at our all Disney‐produced competitive music festival! Festival Disney gives your ensemble the chance to compete with other schools from across the country, while also having the opportunity to make once-in-a-lifetime memories at the Walt Disney World Resort.
Specially selected, nationally recognized adjudicators provide detailed, positive feedback to all ensembles through written and recorded comments, as well as personalized feedback clinics following concert performances. Competitive and non‐competitive options are available.
Disney Imagination Campus – Performing Arts is extremely proud to be endorsed by the National Association for Music Education.
2022 Festival Disney Dates
Warm up your vocal cords and join us for Festival Disney opportunities on the following dates:
- March 18 & 19
- March 25 & 26
- April 1 & 2
- April 8 & 9
- April 22 & 23
- Each ensemble must have a minimum of 20 student performers to be eligible to participate.
- In 2022, each school is invited to register a maximum of two (2) Concert Choirs, two (2) Concert Bands and/or two (2) Orchestras. (In 2022, we are not able to accommodate specialty ensembles such as jazz bands or show/jazz/madrigal choirs.)
- Groups participating in Festival Disney may also participate in up to one (1) Performing Arts Workshop on Monday through Thursday only.
- Groups participating in Festival Disney may NOT participate in a Performing Arts Stage Performance.
- All groups must provide their own chartered bus transportation to and from their performance and awards ceremony locations. Disney Transportation may not be used to attend festival activities.
- We are proud to feature instruments and equipment from music industry leaders such as Steinway & Sons Pianos and Wenger performance equipment.
Nationally Recognized Adjudicators
To date, Festival Disney has been adjudicated by more than 150 distinguished collegiate music educators, including these vocal education specialists:
- Dr. Mitos Andaya, Temple University
- Dr. Jerry Blackstone, University of Michigan
- Dr. William Powell, Auburn University
- Dr. Rosephanye Powell, Auburn University
- Dr. Russell Robinson, University of Florida
- Dr. Hugh Floyd, Furman University
- Dr. John Sinclair, Rollins College
- Festival Disney events will take place at a number of venues in and around Walt Disney World Resort
- Venues will be listed as part of the festival schedule and maps that directors will receive approximately 6 weeks prior to the event
Festival Disney Solo & Ensemble
We are proud to present this VIRTUAL educational offering that allows students to compete and receive solo or small ensemble ratings and written feedback from a nationally recognized Festival Disney adjudicator. Students will also receive an exclusive Festival Disney Solo & Ensemble medal for their participation.
- This virtual competition is for solo performers or ensembles of 9 or fewer performers, who are already part of a group participating in Festival Disney
- All performance videos will be submitted online, prior to the group’s trip
- A specific Solo & Ensemble registration form with final details will be sent to all directors closer to the festival dates
Additional fees apply for this experience.
National Core Arts Standards
This performance opportunity fulfills many of the National Core Arts Standards for creation, performing, responding and connecting. Review the standards now.
Every Festival Disney package includes:
- 2-, 3-, 4- or 5-day admission to Walt Disney World® Resort theme parks
- A 20- to 25-minute adjudicated performance with written and recorded comments
- A personalized educational clinic conducted by a designated adjudicator (concert ensembles only)
- Festival Disney Awards for all participating ensembles
- Exclusive Festival Disney Medal for all performers
- Special Festival Disney Awards Ceremony
- Two (2) Festival Disney director's packages are included per school
Festival package inclusions are subject to change without notice.
Learn more about Walt Disney World Resort pricing information.
Festival Disney Award
All ensembles receive a Festival Disney Award recognizing their participation.
Festival Disney Medal
Each performer receives an exclusive Festival Disney Medal to commemorate their participation.
Best in Class
Presented to the highest-scoring ensemble within each Division and Classification.
Festival Disney Gold, Silver and Bronze Awards
Presented to the three highest, Superior-rated ensembles within specific categories.
- Choral: Outstanding Soloist, Outstanding Student Accompanist
- Adjudicator’s Special Recognition: Selectively awarded by the adjudicators for performances of merit by individuals or sections
An exciting celebration is planned for all Festival Disney participants. This special ceremony will take place at the Walt Disney World® Resort on Saturday night.
Please review the Festival Disney Overview for specific details regarding the awards.
How to Participate
Follow these steps when registering for Festival Disney:
Ensembles are NOT registered, and festival availability is not guaranteed, until:
- We have received the non-refundable registration fee for each eligible ensemble
- The Festival Disney offices review the registration/availability
- You have received a confirmation message
During the scheduling phase, we will work to schedule ensembles in the order that their registration was confirmed.
You must apply and receive confirmation of acceptance before purchasing Theme Park tickets for the group.