Experience the excitement, focus, and fast-paced energy of a professional recording studio environment. During this workshop participants will sight-read and work directly with industry professionals to create a truly magical ensemble piece. The experience culminates with a screening of their recorded work set to Disney film footage.
Throughout the workshop, students will hone fundamental skills like intonation, balance, and tone quality, as well as learn how phrasing, dynamics, and articulation can add emotion to any piece of music. Disney music professionals will share insights about the high expectations of being a professional musician and how to succeed in the field. Endorsed by the National Association for Music Education, this workshop is sure to hit all the right notes for your band or orchestra.
Key Learning Objectives
After completing this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Sight-read and record a varied repertoire of Disney music
- Sight-read, listen, analyze, and describe music
- Develop and reinforce the fundamentals of musical performance
- Learn what it's like to work in the music industry as a professional
- Emphasize intonation, balance, and tone quality while following the conductor's interpretation
- Incorporate accuracy and expressiveness to maximize rehearsal productivity
- Discuss the requirements of a studio recording environment and what is expected of performers
- Evaluate music and musical performances
The Disney Difference
Disney Imagination Campus Performing Arts Workshops set the standard by which all other workshop opportunities are measured. Discover the Disney Difference when:
- Your students work directly with Disney Teaching Artists, all of whom are professional musicians working in the industry
- Students work on Disney scores and arrangements that are exclusive to this experience
- Participants are treated as professional musicians in a studio environment
- Students will have the opportunity to gain insight into careers in the recording and film industry through Q&A with their Teaching Artist
- Your group partakes in the magic of our parks with specially priced tickets.
- This program at Disneyland Resort in California requires an audition for Middle School only.
- Your Disney Teaching Artist will select music appropriate for your group’s ability level that will challenge the group, but still provide a strong final recording
- Available for Middle School, High School and College students
- Minimum of 20 performers required per organized group to participate in this experience
- For Walt Disney World Resort pricing information, click here
- For Disneyland Resort pricing information, click here