Experience the glitz and glamour of live musical theater at this immersive performance workshop created in partnership with Disney Theatrical Group, Disney on Broadway and Disney Cruise Line.
Get an inside look at the fundamentals of musical theater with industry professionals who will lead students through fast-paced rehearsals of a scene from one of Disney’s world-famous shows. The experience culminates in a show-stopping final performance.
Throughout this workshop, participants will also gain valuable insights into audition techniques, the importance of every role, and overcoming unexpected obstacles during performances.
Key Learning Objectives
After completing this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Create an inclusive and safe audition space
- Focus on breath control and diction to better tell a story
- Examine how body language, facial expressions and vocal qualities impact a character
- Discuss how various production roles come together to create a finished product
- Make the best vocal/acting choices for a musical composition, lyrics and character
The Disney Difference
Disney Imagination Campus Performing Arts Workshops set the standard by which all other workshop opportunities are measured. Discover the Disney Difference when:
- Your students work directly with Disney Teaching Artists, all of whom are theatre professionals currently working in the industry
- Your ensemble works on scene and song selections from Disney Theatrical productions exclusively available in this experience
- Participants are treated as professional cast members in a live production environment
- Students have the opportunity to gain insights into careers in live theatre through Q&A with their Teaching Artist
- Your group partakes in the magic of our parks with specially priced tickets
- Partake in the magic of our parks with specially priced tickets, discovering the magic of Disney excitement at every turn.
- This program at Disneyland Resort in California requires an audition for Middle School only.
- Scripts and music will be provided prior to arrival to allow for at-home practice and advance preparation
- This workshop is not recommended if your group does not have time to prepare in advance of your arrival
- Clothing and shoes appropriate for musical theater rehearsal are required – sandals and bare feet will not be permitted
- Available for Middle School, High School and College students
- Minimum of 20 performers required per organized group to participate in this experience
- For Walt Disney World Resort pricing information, click here
- For Disneyland Resort pricing information, click here