Discover how Disney Imagineers marry imaginative vision with large-scale functionality to bring classic stories to life in theme park design.
Get an inside look at Disney’s unique design approach. In this course, participants will learn what makes a theme park tick. Learn the concepts, philosophy and tools necessary to design a working theme park. From visual design elements to practical considerations like Guest flow and maintenance, students will come away with a holistic understanding of how form and function come together to make the seemingly impossible… possible.
Key Learning Objectives
After completing this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand creative problem solving, critical thinking and career-based discussions that apply to the world of design and beyond
- Identify specific theme park elements and analyze how Disney Imagineers designed them with intent and purpose
- Explain ways that Disney Imagineers utilize storytelling as the central focus in theme park design
- Summarize the value and importance of diversity in the collaborative design process
- Model and construct a range of functional and exciting Guest experiences
- Determine how the convergence of creative and technical roles are necessary to design a theme park
- Hypothesize and investigate the unique functional challenges of designing a theme park
- Recommended for high school and college students
- Content can be adapted for middle school students
- Minimum of 15 students required per organized group to participate in this experience