We are thrilled to announce Festival Disney is back for another exciting year! Beginning March 2022, performers can achieve performance excellence at our all Disney‐produced competitive music festival at Walt Disney World Resort. Festival Disney gives middle and high school concert choirs, orchestras and concert bands the chance to compete with other schools from across the country, while also having the opportunity to make once-in-a-lifetime memories.
Specially selected, nationally recognized adjudicators provide detailed, positive feedback to all ensembles through written and recorded comments as well as personalized feedback clinics following concert performances. Competitive and non‐competitive options are available.
Disney Imagination Campus - Performing Arts is extremely proud to be endorsed by the National Association for Music Education.
2022 Festival Disney Dates
- March 18 & 19
- March 25 & 26
- April 1 & 2
- April 8 & 9
- April 22 & 23
- Each ensemble must have a minimum of 20 student performers to be eligible to participate.
- In 2022, each school is invited to register a maximum of (2) Concert Choirs, (2) Concert Bands and/or (2) Orchestras. (In 2022, we are not able to accommodate specialty ensembles such as jazz bands or show/jazz/madrigal choirs.)
- Groups participating in Festival Disney may also participate in up to (1) Disney Imagination Campus - Performing Arts Workshop on Monday-Thursday only.
- Groups participating in Festival Disney may NOT participate in a Disney Imagination Campus -- Performing Arts Stage Performance.
- All groups must provide their own chartered bus transportation to and from their performance and awards ceremony locations. Disney Transportation may not be used to attend festival activities.
- We are proud to feature instruments and equipment from music industry leaders such as Ludwig/Musser percussion, Glaesel String Instruments, Steinway & Sons Pianos and Wenger performance equipment.
How to Participate
- Review the Festival Disney Overview and Open Letter to School Administrators for full event details.
- Select the appropriate Ensemble Division and Adjudication Status.
- Complete the online registration.
- Submit the non-refundable registration fee for each ensemble. (Fee information provided during registration process.)
Ensembles are NOT registered and festival availability is not guaranteed until the non-refundable registration fee is received for each eligible ensemble, our Festival Disney office reviews the registration/availability, and sends a confirmation message. During the scheduling phase, we will work to schedule ensembles in the order that their registration was confirmed.
You must apply and receive confirmation of acceptance before purchasing Theme Park tickets for the group.
Nationally Recognized Adjudicators
To date, Festival Disney has been adjudicated by more than 150 distinguished collegiate music educators, including these specialists:
- Dr. Mitos Andaya, Temple University
- Dr. Jerry Blackstone, University of Michigan
- Dr. William Powell, Auburn University
- Dr. Rosephanye Powell, Auburn University
- Dr. Russell Robinson, University of Florida
- Dr. Hugh Floyd, Furman University
- Dr. John Sinclair, Rollins College
- Dr. Ken Dye, University of Notre Dame
- Dr. Catherine Rand, University of Southern Mississippi
- Prof. Joseph Hermann, Tennessee Tech University
- Dr. Anthony Pursell, University of Central Missouri
- Dr. Stephen Benham, Duquesne University
- Prof. Keith Bearden, Texas Tech University
- Festival Disney events will take place at a number of venues in and around the Walt Disney World Resort.
- Venues will be listed as part of the festival schedule and maps that directors will receive approximately 6 weeks prior to the event.
Festival Disney Award: All ensembles receive a Festival Disney Award recognizing their participation.
Festival Disney Medal: Each performer receives an exclusive Festival Disney Medal to commemorate their participation.
Best in Class: Presented to the highest-scoring ensemble within each Division and Classification.
Festival Disney Gold, Silver and Bronze Awards: Presented to the three highest, Superior-rated ensembles within specific categories.
- Choral: Outstanding Soloist, Outstanding Student Accompanist
- Concert Band & Orchestra: Outstanding Soloist
- Adjudicator’s Special Recognition: Selectively awarded by the adjudicators for performances of merit by individuals or sections
An exciting celebration is planned for all Festival Disney participants. This special ceremony will take place at the Walt Disney World Resort on Saturday night.
Please review the Festival Disney Overview for specific details regarding the awards.
Every Festival Disney package includes:
- 2-, 3-, 4- or 5-day admission to Walt Disney World Resort theme parks
- A 20- to 25-minute adjudicated performance with written and recorded comments
- A personalized educational clinic conducted by a designated adjudicator (concert ensembles only)
- Festival Disney Awards for all participating ensembles
- Exclusive Festival Disney Medal for all performers
- Special Festival Disney Awards Ceremony
- Two (2) Festival Disney director's packages are included per school
Festival package inclusions are subject to change without notice.
Festival Disney Solo & Ensemble Virtual Competition
We are proud to offer this VIRTUAL educational offering that allows students to compete and receive solo or small ensemble ratings and written feedback from a nationally recognized Festival Disney adjudicator. Students will also receive an exclusive Festival Disney Solo & Ensemble medal for their participation.
- This virtual competition is for solo performers or ensembles of 9 or less performers, who are already part of a group participating in Festival Disney.
- All performance videos will be submitted online, prior to the group’s trip.
- A specific Solo & Ensemble registration form with final details will be sent to all directors closer to the festival dates.
Please make your students aware of this opportunity so they can begin to plan ahead. (Additional fees apply for this experience)
National Core Arts Standards
This performance opportunity fulfills many of the National Core Arts Standards for creation, performing, responding and connecting. Review the standards.
- For Walt Disney World Resort pricing information, click here.
Interested in learning more about Disney Imagination Campus performing arts competitions, workshops, and performance opportunities? Visit our website at disneycampus.com, follow us at @DisneyImaginationCampus on social media, or sign up for our email newsletter.